I recently repaired this Schatz standard 400 day clock dated 10 52 (October 1952). It has several unusual styling features:
- The three finials are ball-shaped instead of spires,
- The base cup is scalloped instead of smooth,
- The 4 pendulum balls each have 4 ridges on top,
- The back plate and front plate have a cutout on each edge (like Horolovar plate no. 1014B),
- The arrangement of the back plate logos are different: The date is below the “No(0) Jewels Unadjusted” and the circle with 49 Jahresuhrenfabrik Germany is above,
- The base has an extra vertical area at the bottom (usually the curve comes all the way to the bottom).
Repair job 5317.
Share this post: